Fathers Day
God took the strength of a mountain, the majesty of a tree, The warmth of a summer sun, the calm of a quiet sea, The generous soul of nature, the comforting arm of night, The wisdom of the ages, the power of the eagle’s flight. The joy of a morning in spring, the faith of a mustard seed, The patience of eternity, the depth of a family need. Then God combined these qualities, and when there was nothing more to add, He knew His masterpiece was complete And so, He called it ... “DAD!”

I know that Father's Day is to be a day when fathers are honoured on a special day. BUT for those of us that are fathers it is a day to be "gratefull" for our children and grandchildren. Every year and day I am grateful for my kids(Brett, Beckie and Kevin) and how proud I am of them for what they have accomplished in their lives thus far. I am proud to know I have a wonderfull and very cute granddaughter that makes life more wonderfull than it is. I have been blessed to have a great Dad who has shown to his family what it is like to be of service to others. There is never a day goes by that he is not helping or doing something for someone. I do not know where the "stamana" comes from I only believe that it is within that makes Dad go at a steady paice and that is "high gear". It is a thrill to see Chloe with him and to know that she is able to know her "Great Grandpa" and as you can see from the photo the opportunity of Dad to hold her. In my life I have been blessed by being in the presence of some really great Dad's. (my Dad, George Fowler Sr., Grandpa Goodwin and Grandpa Young (Percy). I hope that my kids will feel the same about their Dad.
Check out my fathers day smiles from Chloe on Beckie and Kevins Blog or "Click here"




1 Comments:
Thanks for the comments , but really one always feels there is always more to do. There are bridges to cross and mountains to climb each day, and until the climb becomes too steep we must keep on, keeping on. Never give up doing good for others and may each of us in our own way cling to Our Maker for He is the strength for all time and will continue His Blessings toward us each day. God is good, and thanks for a Family who cares. -----------Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home