Ground Hog Day storm at "The Villages"




About five years ago my dad and I took a drive to an area of Florida that is just south of Ocala. It is a place called the Villages and I actually fell in love with the place. It has been my hope that when and if I ever get to retire that I would like to spend some of the winter at this place. It is a great place if you like to golf, golf and even more golf. The villages is in a corner of 4 counties in Florida about 45 minutes NW of Orlando. The complex is self contained yet like a small city (20,000 people) each area is a village of its own and is a gated community with its own rectreational area, a community center, club house and its own pool, spa etc. I was saddend yesterday when I saw the devestation of this area that was suddenly hit by a vicious tornado that went through on early Friday morning at 3:15 a.m. Here is some photos from the Orlando Sentenel newspaper that will show more of the devestation than these few photos show. I am sure that by the time I retire (who knows when that will be) that things will be back to the way it once was being" a beautiful day at the Villages"




1 Comments:
The VILLAGES !THE VILLAGES !!
Lew, they look somewhat different in the pictures to what we saw, right?? Guess that is the Power of God in some form. I did enjoy the Vidio.
If any of you who look at this blog and would like a FREE , DVD of the Beautiful Villages Complex, just place in your browser: www.The Villages.com, and you will find a spot to order.. Of course it is a seeling promotion for Housing but you can certainly see what "Retirement Living", would be like at this spot.. Its is something to behold.. Oh! Just for the Lottery to come my way, I don't think I would even think of a Tornado !! Thanks Lew for the posting. -- (cy)
Post a Comment
<< Home